Friday, April 12, 2013

Conference Weekend.


This is a short, picture-less post. These are getting old.

I promise I wrote my last few blogs right after the holidays/days they were intended for but never posted them cause…LAME…I always forget to take pictures.

 
Well this last weekend Brady and I got to go to conference. We had gone home to Burley the weekend before for our sweet nephews baby blessing and what happened? Forgot the camera. So I bought batteries and had full intention of documenting our time at conference and downtown. As we walked into the conference center…I pulled out the camera…told Brady to smile AND it went black. The batteries I bought were to cheap for my camera. STORY OF MY LIFE.

 
Besides that, we LOVED conference. The spirit was so strong and we loved seeing our prophet and leaders so up close. We were a little bummed the Motab wasn’t singing that session and then the BYU choir started singing and they were amazing! It was such a good session (as they all are) and there was even a shout-out to Burley,ID from Elder Ellis! We have felt very privileged since we started dating that every conference we have been able to go to at least one session and this summer we were able to go to a concert. That is a total of 6 sessions! We have been to the spoken word a few times and there really is nothing like hearing the choir live and being so close to our prophet. It is always a very humbling experience and brings Brady and I closer. We sure love living in Salt Lake  that gives us the opportunities to appreciate the church more and its history. Friday, before conference, we went to two mission reunions for Brady and on our drive back to Midvale we passed the Draper, Orcher, and Jordan Valley temples and the next day stood next to the Salt Lake temple. We feel so blessed to have been to so many temples here. I know my testimony has grown here for our pioneers and the church’s history. How lucky we are to be members of this wonderful church. The talks from conference only confirmed this, in a world that is trying so hard to bring everyone modern and “with the times” I found so much peace and comfort in listening to our leaders and their steadfastness in our Heavenly Father’s way.

This is for sure what I will miss most about Salt Lake City, because in exactly 15 days we are moving to Rexburg. I am excited for the adventures that are in front of us but feel very blessed to have lived here and experienced it with my sweet husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive